Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Sexiest Men Alive Only In Our Imagination

We’ve lit our candles, trimmed our trees, maxed out our Master Cards, (or observed whatever annual traditions generally accompany the December phenomenon of exchanging gifts and eating our weight in calorie-laden treats).   We’re almost ready to raise a glass of bubbly and welcome 2013. But before we turn the page on 2012, let’s take a look back at some of the highlights of the year. 

By highlights, of course, I mean men.  Sure, Time Magazine has their little, “Man of the Year,” thing, (congratulations, Mr. Obama).  People Magazine owns the whole “Sexiest Man Alive” franchise, (helloooo Channing Tatum).  But I’m here to review the really important men of the year, the men who captured our hearts, our minds and ...ahem…our fantasies, namely, the SEXIEST FICTIONAL MEN OF 2012.  
Who qualifies?  Any hero in any work of romantic fiction published during 2012.  Who decides?  Well, it’s every woman for herself, but these are my top five, in no particular order:

1)       Roarke, from J.D. Robb’s “In Death” series – Hey, I didn’t say the hero had to make his debut in 2012, now, did I?  I just finished “Delusion in Death,” and, although I had to build my own murder board to remember all the suspects and I’m still not 100% sure what the hell went down, plot-wise, one fact remains undeniable.  Roarke rocks. 

2)      Quinn Sobel, from Robin Bielman’s “Yours at Midnight” – The book is hot off the presses, and the hero is just plain hot!  There’s something irresistible about a guy with an effed-up past finally working through his issues, realizing what, (and who), he wants…and setting out to get her.

3)      Reid Andrews, from Gina L. Maxwell’s “Seducing Cinderella” – Yes, he’s a mixed martial arts fighter, but that’s not what makes him sexy.  Yes, he gives the heroine lessons in “the art of seduction,” but that wasn’t what won me over.  When she heads out for a date with the guy she’s set her misguided sights on, Reid swallows his sinking heart and says, “Have a great time.  Don’t forget to flirt with the waiter.” 

4)      Paul Donovan, from Lynne Marshall’s “Too Close for Comfort”—Paul’s been around the block.  He’s picked up a few moves, and he’s not afraid to use ‘em.  Not even on his ex-wife.  She never stands a chance, because despite their history and shared baggage, he’s a keeper.    

5)      Josh Scott, MD, from Jill Shalvis’ “Forever and a Day”—In the sixth installment of the Lucky Harbor series, Shalvis gives us Josh Scott:  Daddy, dog-owner, and one seriously hot doc.  He’s the perfect blend of tough, control-addicted alpha and natural-born nurturer.  Sexy with a capital “S.”     
Got your own list of favorite sexy heroes?  If so, I hope you’ll share a few of the men who made your heart pound a little harder in 2012.  Also hoping you have a fun, safe New Year’s Eve and that 2013 brings wonderful things your way!

4 comments:

  1. Well, I do have to agree on Paul and Quinn, both yummy heroes. I recently read one of those amazing stories with an unlikely hero. Jess, in Simple Jess, by Pamela Morsi, was such a wonderfully drawn character.

    Here's to a great 2013 for you and your family and your readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back at you, Robena! Thanks for adding Jess to the list. I'm looking forward to adding Zeke Cabrera of "Unlock the Truth," by Robena Grant to my 2013 list.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! So I'm all excited to read your list and then I see Quinn right after Roarke and I'm bouncing up and down in my chair! Thank you!! I admit to having a huge crush on Quinn myself, and to hear that others do too just makes me all sorts of happy. And to be included with Reid, Paul and Josh (all heroes I adored, by the way), is pretty wonderful!

    Let's see, who else made my heart pound this year... well there's Dean Malloy from Worth the Risk, Adam Connelly from Rescue My Heart, and Kade Mitchell from Lucky Break, to name a few more.

    Happy, Happy New Year, Samanthe! Can't wait to fall in love with your heroes in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dean Malloy made my short list too, but I wanted to spread the love around. Those unsung, yet hardworking writers like JD Robb and Jill Shalvis need a little publicity now and again ;). Haven't checked out "Rescue My Heart," yet, but it's on my ever-expanding list.

      Happy Happy to you too!

      Delete